Sunday, December 10, 2006



Ho Ho Ho! We put up the Christmas tree today. I loved it! We have Colorado Blue Spruce on the farm so Big Fred cut a 10 foot tree. It is the kind of tree with lots of gaps in it so the ornaments can hang down. A little strange at the top, but we pruned it back. Since we had so much snow, we brought it in the house and put a tarp under it to get it to defrost. BF cut off about 2 ft and put on the white lights.

Then it was my turn, I can't believe all of the old ornaments I have. Some from my mom, some I've collected, can't forget nB's canlid and milkweed pod ornament from kindergarten. I have an assortment of Santas that I was collecting for a while, and then the birds.

I had so much fun clipping on all of the birds. I have all kinds. They are really cheerful with their real feathers or metal curlicues. I have some pink and some gold ones my sister gave me from K-Mart, some are fat like mourning doves, some are perky songbirds, many are from Old World Christmas Ornaments, a carved goldfinch, a clear glass hummingbird, a cheeky bluejay, some are antique mercury glass with spun tails, and even a peacock. I thought I would add my bird's nests and it looked great.

As for the top, our old silvered topper doesn't fit since we did the major trimming, so we put a large glass ornament on it for the time being. Yuck! Got to get something new. Joyce , my sister, and I were just remembering that, as kids, we made a star out of cardboard and tinfoil.

But it's up and the presents are under. Big Fred helped and didn't say "humbug" one time. Ho HO HO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humbug! That isn't even a picture of your tree- oh yeah, we stole the digital camera...

queenb2u said...

Yup, boo hiss.