Tuesday, January 30, 2007


Having a manicure is pure luxury. When I worked full time for the last 30 years, I was under the impression that I couldn't afford it. But now that I am partially retired and make less, I feel like I need to get my nails done. Go figure. I don't understand my own reasoning.
Here's the rub, the nail polish lasts about a week and then my nails look chipped and unkept. I am an art teacher so my hands take a great deal of abuse. I try to put a layer of polish at the ends of my nails to make the polish last a few more day. Finally I can't stand the look any longer and take off the polish.
Maybe I should get those French dos. Or maybe I should just do my nails myself. It's just that I like being pampered. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

amanda said...

The French manicures actually last less long than a regular manicure. Stick with full-nail color in a nice neutral!

Frannie Farmer said...

ohhh I miss that.
and I agree w/Amanda and Meggie. stick to light, neutral colors.