Sunday, March 11, 2007


I sat straight up in bed. Straight from being sound asleep to listening intently. A shiver went through my whole body. Yes, I heard it right. Coyotes!

We opened the bedroom window last night, because the room was stuffy after a warm day here. I didn't look at the time, but there was a whole lot of yipping going on out there. My mom always said that coyotes yip and howl after they have made a kill. I know it is very freaky and can wake me up out of a sound sleep. I haven't heard the coyotes since last fall. They had a den just back of the house in the big pine trees up on the hill.

I wonder if they will be out hunting tonight. I noticed that something got one of the rabbits that comes to the bird feeder just off of the brick patio (blamed it on the Great Horned Owl). If it's coyotes, they are coming reaaally close to the house. Watch out, Mudge.

No comments: