Saturday, April 18, 2009


#25 A Patchwork Planet by Anne Tyler. This is the first book I have read by Tyler. I got this book from the chain letter book exchange. It didn't take too long to read and I'm happy for that since I am falling farther and farther behind. Did I like the book? Not really. I was on my way to understanding the characters and their relationships and then when I finished I felt like I had skipped a few chapters and something was missing. Usually, I don't have that problem. I thought the descriptions of the old people and their daily struggles was very realistic, but somehow I didn't find all of the truths that were supposedly so apparent. I must have been sleeping. Yes, the 30 year old main character was plagued by his frivolous youth and at times I saw the more responsible guy emerge. I just don't know. Nothing grabbed me about this book.

No comments: