Monday, October 12, 2009


#50 Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan. Yes! I got another book done. Will I reach 100, NO.

Anyway, this story can best be described in the jacket: "... an engrossing fable that chronicles three generations of women under one family tree over a period of thirty years- their galvanic love and passion, their shifting alliances, their superstitions and complex domestic politics-and places them in a mythical town where spirits and spells, witchcraft and demons, and prophets and clairvoyance are an everyday reality." With that said, I sometimes found it hard to understand because of the shifts between reality and myth. I often felt that I had missed something. I liked the authors strange sense of story and descriptions and the ending. I think it is one of those books that you have to read to see if it suits you or not.

No comments: