Friday, January 26, 2007


Aunt B drinks, yes. Martinis, once in a great while. This post is in response to Patrick who sent a comment and recipe for making a Nutella martini. Now, it sounds really good. And, thanks, Pat.

I must confess, I have had three martinis in my life (that I can remember). I had a chocolate martini, a plaid martini-raspberry and melon, and a regular martini.

The second confession is that I don't like martinis. Maybe it is because one has to acquire a taste. I had this problem when I first started drinking wine. Most of it was cheap wine and not very good. I really like the expensive wines. Maybe it is a question of sophistication, which I admit, I'm not. Or, maybe it has to do with the person who makes it and the ingredients used. I won't know until---Spring of 2008.

Patrick, I invite you to make me a martini, then I will know. It will be a part of the S and B celebration. Waaahooo!

2 comments:

Frannie Farmer said...

I think you are right about it being an acquired taste; like wine and coffee .. you have to start w/subtle tastes and move on to the more flavorful varieties .. I haven't aquired the taste for Martini's yet..

amanda said...

I can't stand martinis, no matter the flavor profile. Is it the vermouth?