Sunday, April 22, 2007


Garden and weather log: 86 and breezy. Just haze around the horizon. Yard looks really nice since BF worked on the main garden and I sweep the deck and the brick patio. Raked next to the house and under the river birch and the poplar next to the water outlet. BF turned the water on and picked up the leaves and grass with the lawnmower sweeper. What a helpful purchase (at the time I was skeptical)! So, we are moving along.
We took the wire off the roses and shrubs. Not much varmit (rabbit) damage on the covered plants, but the lilacs off the patio are ruined and so are the three new shrubs I planted last spring. I won't be planting any new shrubs unless they are protected by wire next winter. All in all, we had far less damage this year and the plants look very healthy.
The goal is to make the garden look really nice without buying a lot of new plants. Of course, with that said, I know very well that I will see a plant I have always wanted and I will bring it
One happy surprise is that the blue poppy CT brought me from Bainbridge Island came up looking strong. I hope it blossoms.

No comments: