Thursday, April 26, 2007


Garden and weather log: Gray, rainy, and in the 50s. Grass is getting green and tall, but everything else is waiting for the temperatures to warm up. Typical up north weather. These are nice quiet rains, so it is rather peaceful.


When the sun gets out, it will be time to hunt for morel mushrooms. These mushrooms are tasty morsels found around our swamps and woods. Once we found a big patch near a fallen poplar tree. Folks seek them and fix gourmet meals with them. We even have a local Morel Mushroom Festival. I am not a fan since I usually find a quantity of bugs in them even after I soak them in salt water. It does get people outside. I enjoy the hunt, but give my mushrooms away.

2 comments:

Meggie Cramer said...

Oh, oh! Give them to me! Give them to me! They're my absolute favorites and we haven't had any around Interlochen. :)

Frannie Farmer said...

Funny, as I hedged down the page I thought those were wigs ... they look so cool! I don't think I have ever actually seen them.