Wednesday, May 09, 2007


Garden and weather log: Nice showers this morning and turned off in the 70s, maybe 80. At 5:19 pm the thermometer says 66. A thunderstorm has just moved through to the south with big black clouds and distant thunder. I would imagine folks are getting rain in Manton.
Of course, I worked, so I haven't been in the garden. The old-fashioned purple lilac bushes have a few flowers open. The crab apple tree in the front is ready to flower. I think I saved the foliage because I got rid of a bunch of tent worms eating the leaves. (I use dish soap on their webs) The cherry trees on the way to TC are in bloom and I see some flowers on our pear trees.
With this heat, the poplar and maple trees have their leaves. I always think what a miracle it is that trees can go from no leaves to leaves overnight. Ready to start the new cycle. With all the trees, it is no wonder one of my favorite colors is green.
Gauging the way the cherry blossoms are out this week, I'm afraid they won't be available if they are to be part of the B and S wedding next year. I know that won't be the end of the wedding world. Just an observation.

1 comment:

Frannie Farmer said...

Happy Mother's day Friend!
Hope you have (had) a great day!