Saturday, September 23, 2006


Not only do I love to eat, but I love to shop in Kitchen stores. One of my favorite shops is Crystal Crate and Cargo. It's even better when you get a gift certificate from Christmas that hasn't been spent yet. So, I did some browsing. The store features Mario Batalli products, Emile Henry cookware, Wusthof knives, all kinds of dodads and gadgets, gourmet mixes, mustards, noodles, rice, and local products like chocolate covered cherries.

I've had my eye on recycled glass bowls, plates, glasses, and accessories. I ended up buying beautiful green glass bowls. Of course, it would have to be useful and compliment the many green plates (Jadite), forest green glasses, and majolica that I have collected.

I'll have to wait for the holidays before I return. I usually buy kitchen stuff for my family and they gift wrap, so I don't have that to do. Anyway, it is a fabulous store, has friendly, helpful staff, and is a shopping pleasure. I should do their advertising.

2 comments:

amanda said...

You know, if that gift certificate is burning a hole in your pocket, someone has a birthday coming up, and I know something he'd like...

queenb2u said...

Sorry, I spent it all.:)