Monday, July 31, 2006


Did I ever tell you that I love books? I especially like Pottery Barn's new Home. It's more than a coffeetable book. For me it is a whole world of decorating ideas. The decorating theme is to blend comfort and beauty. It assures that your style is to put the things around you that you love.

My idea of decorating is to put the things out that I love, and when I'm not noticing it anymore, I change it around. I also watch for the new arrangements-colors and textures that they put out in the Pottery Barn catalogue. Then, using their designer eye, I try to replicate the room, surface, wall- with the things that I have. Pretty inexpensive decorating and very cool.

I also notice items in the photographs. I look at the title of books that are on the shelves. For instance, I was interested in a cookbook on a kitchen self- Home Chef/Fine Cooking Made Simple by Judith Ets-Hokin. Seems this is a great reference book and now one I'll be on the lookout for. In one of the kitchens, I liked the display of old graters on the end of a cupboard. It gave me the idea to hang up a green rolling pin my friend, Judy, gave me for Christmas. I like what they do with organizing, so I have blue jars filled with pencils on my desk.

I'm working on my master bedroom and have found the perfect paint for the ceiling above the white beadboard. Pottery Barn has a line of paint through Benjamin Moore. I want to use Hazy Lilac 2116-40. Just the ticket to match my bedding. I have been looking and looking.

So comfort and beauty and lots of ideas. I'll probably have to check this book out over and over again since I see something I have missed each time I open it.

No comments: