Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Did I tell you that I love Pottery Barn? I love to look at their catalog and use it for all of my decorating changes. Because they are trendy, my house will never be finished. But then, that's the fun of it. It gives me a change to change things around and around and around. No little kids, only a dog and now I have time to mess with it.

Now that I think about it, I must be a Pottery Barn junkie. I have:

grand black desk phone in kitchen
black bulletin board near fridg
drawer pulls on cupboards (see picture)
glassbead garland wrapped around my chandelier over the table
large metal floor lamp with large square shade
paisley sheer curtain in bedroom window
sage green throw on couch (look alike because the one in the store was too expensive)
black display shelf in living room
displays of eggs in bird's nest and shells I collected ( I had these before Pottery Barn even thought of it.)
Use rice or white buttons under candles in glass containers
Store stuff in baskets
Store stuff in blue glass canning jars
Put cookbooks on display in kitchen
Flower arrangements like in their catalogue

However, I'm not hot on all of the decorating ideas. One thing I hate is when they turn all the books around on the bookshelves so the pages face outward. Now, that's a decorating idea I don't need. Yuck! And their bathroom ideas are a little too clean for me- obviously they don't have a carpenter or sawdust in their lives.

I crave going to a Pottery Barn Store, but when I get there I'm disappointed. I think I just like looking at mail order catalogs and moving things. I didn't say moving things and dusting.

No comments: