Friday, July 07, 2006

Let me tell you about shoes. I have always had a thing about shoes. I like to shop for shoes, try on shoes, and purchase shoes. That is if I can find anything to fit. Big Fred called me Amelda Marcos because of the number of shoes I own (maybe 8 pair at the most).

I'm going to a wedding at the end of the month and have looked and looked for the right shoe, not too dressy, not too casual. Oh, did I tell you that my foot is fat and is size 5 1/2. And, I have a back problem so high heels are out. Waa,waa.

I have recently sent for shoes I've seen in a catalogue, but have sent them back. They don't fit. I've had this experience for many years. As a child, my dad would be very patient while the stack of boxes piled up by the chair. Finally, he would say," We'll take the boxes and put on laces." I thought that when I went to Japan I would be in shoe heaven, but I found their shoes narrow and my foot just hung over the edges. Again, waa, waa.

People always say, oh you're so lucky. You can find all the sale shoes. Or they advise me to try the kid's shoes. Those kid shoes are not for an over 55 year old. How ridiculous!

I'll be the special auntie at the wedding with my cool dress, jewelry, and the lovely doll sandals. I'm sure that should enhance my image. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

amanda said...

Yes, these shoes are fabulous. I'm a big fan of the buckles.

christa said...

I have over 60 pairs of shoes! I can't help it... when I see a cute pair of shoes... I buy them.