Monday, July 03, 2006


My cousin from Chicago paid a visit today. My mom, aunt, and uncle were here too. Everyone loves a good story and so the conversation went from recipes to hauling a semi load of beer from Newark to Michigan during the brewery strike.
It reminded me of the summer days when my Great Uncle Ralph would visit my Grandpa. Great Uncle lived in the Detroit area and was a world traveler. This was in the 50's and my biggest summer adventure was weeding potatoes and picking pickles. I was enchanted as I listened to his stories about China or where ever he had just returned from. Who would have thought that I would become a world traveler. I have traveled completely around the world including a stop at the Snake Temple on Penang Island in Malaysia. I didn't share any of my travel stories today. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I ever did such a thing. I guess it takes summer visitors to remind me of the stories I'm waiting to tell especially about hitchhiking across Malaysia. But, that's for another time.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Oh, I'd love to hear about you hitchhiking through Malaysia!