Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Aunt B Eats at Hanna Bistro in TC. Today I met two long time friends at Hanna Bistro downtown. It has a really nice decor even though they covered up the original yellow brick in the building. Lots of interesting art work and cozy tables or booths.

I ordered the apple salad with raisins, honey glazed pecans, and cumin dressing, served on three large pieces of lettuce. It was tasty, and definitely within my diet, but a lot of apple to eat. I wouldn't order it again. C had a black bean corn salsa on a toasted flatbread topped with a sauce served on a bed of fresh greens. She liked it, but without the sauce, the beans and corn were very bland. This was listed as topped with duck. However, both ladies are vegetarian, so no duck. R ordered a Tuscan vegetable plate- white beans, artichoke, tomato all with a red sweet pepper sauce. She said that it was very good. Each lunch was a colorful dish. The waitress was polite and very helpful since many of the lunch items had sauces and cheeses that we have never hear of before.

We didn't have any problem understanding the desserts. They offer three: flourless chocolate cake with their own homemade coffee ice cream( I love coffee ice cream), fruit tart with their own homemade clove ice cream, and a white cake with a lemon chiffon top covered with raspberry sauce. I was good- I only tasted the clove ice cream and it was very yummy. I think this would be a great place to go for coffee and dessert. Next time I'll forgo the apple and get the dessert.

As I look at my posts, all I've done lately is eat!

No comments: