Wednesday, December 27, 2006


CT made me her world famous honey caramel corn. NB gave me a grand bottle of olive oil. I got a beautiful jewelry box, gilded vanity set, a gold dressup watch and matching bracelet, earmuffs and a scarf, a gorgeous necklace from AS, money, gift cards, candy, and gosh, I can't think of it all. We had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. Mom came from the nursing home and really enjoyed the company. Even the weather was warm and sunny.

So, what could be the problem. Well, it is kind of a let down. I feel like I should take down the tree and put away the ornaments, but I just put them up. I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE VALENTINES JUNK IN THE STORES. Time is just moving too fast.

I'll have to think on a solution. I wonder what my relatives did to slow down the time? Maybe I'll eat some more of that yummy caramel corn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the anticipation of the big celebration that leads to the let-down? What's to look forward to now - a long winter of gray skies and icy roads?

Maybe you should ship some of that caramel corn over!

Frannie Farmer said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog.
I know that a lot of people feel the letdown after any major celebration or event. I am sure it has to do with our own hyper-expectations (whether conscious or not). For others, it can be that this is the only time they get to see (and cherish) loved ones … I think there are just as many reasons that we can feel let-down as there are to feel lifted up …
You could send me some Caramel corn too – YUM!