Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Chef BF is back at it. He is off work for a few days so he has been doing kitchen detail. Yummy for me, because he made chicken pot pie with a phyllo dough crust.

Now, I won't complain, but he went to a lot of work and the crust just popped off in three or four layers when it came out of the oven. And, the kitchen was a mess with dough all over the place. The dough had to be broken up and mixed in with the chicken. It was very tasty, but very messy.

BF is a risktaker and after this try, we decided that the regular pie crust is just as good as phyllo. He doesn't have to cook tomorrow because I made beef with barley soup. Maybe he will make homemade bread to go with it. Yum! He's a really good bread maker!

2 comments:

Frannie Farmer said...

I love makiing chicken pot pie .. and the brood loves it when I do. I have't tried the phyllo crust before .. good to know it might not be worth it :O)

amanda said...

Oh man, I love pot pie... how about BF gives NB a lesson?