Thursday, January 18, 2007


Take a quiet time out, get a hot cup of chai, snuggle up in your favorite easy chair, and read the adventures of a mole, a toad, a rat, and their friends. I just finished reading The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.This children's classic is nothing heavy duty, earth shattering or mind boggling. It is just a nice fantasy. BF gave me this little hardcover book. I even enjoyed the pictures. It would be fun to read it aloud. If you can keep my secret, I did read it aloud to Mudge when I started reading it the other day. He wasn't a very attentive listener- he fell asleep. At any rate, it's still a fun story and we could all use a little reprieve from the woes of the world.

1 comment:

Frannie Farmer said...

I have never read it - can you believe it? I feel almost like I just confessed a great sin .. with 4 kids, I should have read it by now!