Sunday, January 14, 2007




M.C. Escher(1898-1972)- isn't his work weird and wonderful? I got out my Escher books and calendars because I am teaching tessellation to my 6th grade art students. I'm emphatically impressed!

You know, sketched lizards coming off of the paper realistic and then back on, stairs leading no where, stairs going up and then change perspective and people are going down the stairs, a head peeled like an orange, and on and on. The guy was really amazing. Even Lindsay Lohan likes Escher.

Maybe it has some thing to do with his name- Maurits Cornelis. At any rate, its great to see the work of such genius. I hope the kids are impressed as much as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was the only kid in my school with an MCE t-shirt. I was way ahead of my time.

amanda said...

QB, I didn't know you knew who Lindsay Lohan was!

queenb2u said...

Amandarama,I didn't. Through the power of Google, I know all!